Want to Get Private Communications Coaching? - $2000.00
We are launching a small coaching group where I can offer a lot of individual attention to each person and teach you the strategies and methodologies that have made us the number one PR blog in the world.
The coaching group will meet via video conferencing twice a month, have a private group where you can brainstorm and get advice, and gives you access to me as you do the work and have questions.
It also will include one in-person event toward the end of the year, which will be in Chicago before it gets bitter cold.
Who Should Apply?
This won’t be for everyone. And that’s okay. This will help us determine different programs so there is eventually something for everyone.
You should apply if you fit one (or many) of following criteria:
- You have trouble keeping up with constantly changing technology, let alone how to incorporate it into your communications programs;
- You can’t get clients or executives to include you as part of the business strategy;
- Your organization sees you as a “nice-to-have,” not a necessity;
- You want to be able to generate qualified leads to your organization;
- You need access to tips and tools that will keep you fresh and help you stay ahead of the competition; or
- You keep hearing about measurement, but you have no idea where to start, which things to track, how to dig into analytics and data, and how to actually show success.
Who Should NOT Apply?
We are not looking for entrepreneurs or communications pros who want the work done for them. If you can’t do the work yourself, this program is not for you.
You also should not apply if:
- You can’t get access to Google analytics, marketing automation software, or a customer relationship management platform.
- You only focus on one area of the PESO model (paid, earned, shared, owned media).
- You can’t get your organization to break down its silos and integrate a full communications program.
- You aren’t willing to do lots of homework outside of your day-to-day job.
- You don’t really believe communications can drive sales.
- You aren’t a decision-maker when it comes to implementation of the things we talk about on Spin Sucks.
- You aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement and keep everything we discuss in the group confidential.
I’m going to be super picky about the clients I take on for this program because I want to be sure the group clicks. Because we’ll meet twice a month via video conferencing and we’ll get together in person once this year, I want to be sure we all will work well together.
I also want to be sure everyone involved is a doer. You’ll have to do the work. You’ll have homework. I won’t accept, “My dog ate my homework” as an excuse for not making progress. (I have a dog who gets into the freezer and eats all the food so I’ve heard it all!).
That’s why I will personally interview everyone who applies.
We’ll work really hard and we’ll play hard, too.
What is Included?
Here’s what you will get with this program:
- A bi-weekly review of the latest and greatest tools and technologies and how—or if—you can include them in your communications programs.
- How to set goals and objectives (and the difference between the two) that have real metrics that the CEO and CFO truly understand.
- The kinds of data you need to present weekly, monthly, and quarterly so you are invited to the leadership table and seen as a strategic partner.
- How to implement the PESO model (paid, earned, shared, and owned media) to drive credibility and authority, both internally and externally.
- Access to tips, tools, cheat sheets, and workbooks that will help you keep your organization ahead of the competition.
- How the heck to measure your efforts and show a real return-on-investment, with access to the tools you need to demonstrate success.
- How to prove you are an investment, not an expense, because you are driving sales (or the key metric that is important to your organization).
You Are Expected To
- Attend the majority of the video conference calls (held every other week);
- Do the homework in between the calls;
- Be active in the private group and brainstorm, give advice, and help your fellow group participants;
- Not be afraid to ask for help or ask questions when you need it; and
- Attend the in-person event (and cover your own expenses).
The investment is $24,000, paid in 12 monthly installments of $2,000. If you choose to pay upfront, we’ll give you a $4,000 discount, making it a flat $20,000.
There is a $500 refundable deposit to apply.
If, after our initial interview, you and I decide this group isn’t a good fit for you, we will refund your deposit.
If you are a good fit and we move to the next step, you will be charged an additional $1,500 one week after your initial deposit. From there, the $2,000 will be charged every month automatically (unless, of course, you choose to pay upfront).
It’s not cheap because you’re still getting my one-on-one time, but it isn’t anywhere near the six figure price tag we charge to do the work for our corporate clients.
How Do I Apply?
There are 15 slots available and applications will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To apply and to get in quickly, make your deposit.
As soon as you do that, you will receive an email with the application and next steps.
Fill that out and send it back to Jess (specific directions and her information will be in the application email).
As soon as you do that, she will schedule our interview.
If, after you and I talk, we decide the group isn’t a good fit for your current goals, we will automatically refund your deposit.
If we agree to move forward, there will be no refunds and you are required to commit for a full year.
Here we go!